Lake Tahoe Lakefront Real Estate
Lake Tahoe Lakefront homes are the most desirable properties in the Lake Tahoe real estate market. Lake Tahoe lakefront real estate and Tahoe luxury homes offer every amenity imaginable including lake frontage, privacy, buoy(s), piers, boat houses, hot tubs, movie theaters, and many other custom home amenities. Prices for entry level Tahoe Lakefront homes start at around $1.2M and range up to $30+M for the ultimate in luxury lakefront real estate. When shopping for Tahoe Lakefront homes there are many factors that need to be considered including road noise, setting, privacy, sun orientation, water depth, amenities, and of course the house. Lets talk today and discuss how I can help you achieve your goal of owning Lake Tahoe Lakefront real estate.
7 Factors Affecting Tahoe Lakefront Value
1) Lot Size, Topography, and Proximity to Highway: Whether a Tahoe luxury lakefront home is situated on a small lot within close proximity to the highway, a smaller narrow lot that is deeper and set away from the highway, or on a large acreage sized parcel can have a significant effect on pricing. The Tahoe lakefront market is willing to pay a premium for estate quality Tahoe lakefronts while lakefront homes that are effected by highway noise are more affordable. The topography of the lot will also effect value as larger level lots are more desirable than smaller steep down sloping parcels.
2) Lake Tahoe Piers: A private pier will increase the value of a Tahoe lakefront property $500,000 to $2,000,000. A $2M pier will offer boat lifts, covered storage/boat house, and possibly a rock crib providing a sheltered mooring for your boat. Tahoe lakefronts that do not have piers are less desirable as it is very difficult to obtain permits for a private pier due to TRPA regulations.
3) Tahoe Lake Frontage: A property’s value will take into consideration the amount of lake frontage a homes has and Tahoe lakefront homes with more frontage have greater access to the lake and become more valuable. Tahoe lakefronts with over 100 feet of frontage are the most desirable and demand a premium. These homes have a more private setting, increased views of Lake Tahoe, and often sell more quickly than Tahoe Lakefronts with less frontage.
4) Estate Quality Lakefront Properties: Lake Tahoe Estate quality lakefronts are very desirable for the added privacy they provide, quiet setting away from the highway, and for the higher level of coverage that allows for larger homes and secondary living structures. Tahoe estate quality lakefronts often have deep water piers and a higher amount of lake frontage and are considered to be the most sought after Lake Tahoe properties.
5) Off Highway Lakefront Properties: These Tahoe lakefront properties are often set back from the highway providing a more peaceful setting although they are not typically acreage properties. Off highway Tahoe lakefront homes can be found on the North and West Shores of Lake Tahoe in areas such as Dollar Point, Tahoe Sierra Estates, Tahoe Park, Sunnyside, Meeks Bay, and a few other desirable side streets on the North Shore. Typically considered mid-range lakefronts these homes are very desirable for the reduced road noise, superior privacy, views, and amenities.
6) Entry Level Lakefront Properties: The entry level Tahoe lakefront home is typically located on a smaller lot, is often located within very close proximity to the highway, and most of these homes have shallow water depths. These lakefronts are a great way to get into the Lake Tahoe lakefront real estate market and these homes offer a Tahoe lakefront location, great views, access to lake activities/sports, as well as easy winter access for a more affordable price. Although considered entry level these homes have price tags starting around $1.2M.
7) Neighborhood Amenities: Some Tahoe lakefront homes are located in neighborhoods that have Homeowner Association amenities such as sandy beaches, piers, and/or buoys. Tahoe Park offers a private park with +/- 800 feet of lake frontage, 2 piers, shared buoys, BBQ areas with picnic tables, horse shoe pits, and volleyball. The very desirable Dollar Point neighborhood offers a private beach, pier, buoys, tennis courts and pool. Neighborhoods with additional shared amenities are desirable and effect pricing positively.
I would love the opportunity to talk to you about lakefront living in beautiful Lake Tahoe, CA. My real estate knowledge will help you find the perfect Tahoe lakefront property that will meet all your needs and facilitate your dreams. Contact me today so that I can help you realize your goal of living the dream in Lake Tahoe!